The North Carolina Collaboratory is requesting applications from eligible candidates to serve as a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) for one year.
Duration: August 2023 – June 2024 (flexible depending on graduation timeframe)
Location: 20 hours per week, flexible hybrid, with occasional travel to meetings or conferences in North Carolina. On-site work will take place in the Collaboratory’s offices on the 9th floor of Kenan Labs (125 South Road, Chapel Hill). The proportion of remote/in-person work is flexible and can be discussed during the hiring process.
Benefits: A monthly stipend of $1,962.50, plus tuition, fees and healthcare.
Eligibility: Applicants must be graduate students who will be actively enrolled at UNC-Chapel Hill during the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters. Candidates should ideally have interests and/or experience in any of the following:
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Assessing research impact
Responsibilities: The GRA will be expected to participate in regular meetings with the Collaboratory team, including weekly staff meetings, perform routine projects, and complete program management tasks. The GRA may also have opportunities to conduct independent research associated with research impact and metrics.
Additional tasks may include:
- Tracking and analyzing research performance reports
- Developing legislative reports, policy briefs, presentations, and other deliverables
- Developing content for the Collaboratory website
- Collecting and analyzing data to assess research impact
- Developing new tools/procedures to streamline project and program management
- General administrative tasks such as but not limited to scheduling meetings, recording meeting minutes, and producing additional documentation/standard operating procedures
Background: Established in 2016 by the North Carolina General Assembly (NCGA), the Collaboratory distributes funds to researchers across the UNC system to investigate and address local policy issues, primarily associated with the environment, natural resources management and public health.
How to Apply: Email the following documents to the Collaboratory at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on July 7, 2023.
- CV or Resume (no page limit)
- A Word document or PDF (3 page maximum) answering the following questions:
- What is your interest in working with the Collaboratory?
- Providing examples where possible, what interests and/or experience do you have that align with the Eligibility and Responsibilities sections above?
- What experience/skills do you hope to gain during this position, and how will this help you advance your career?
Contact: Questions regarding this opportunity and the application process are welcome and should be emailed to the Collaboratory at email@example.com before the deadline.